Week five? Five? That's right, after tonight's action, we will officially be more than halfway done with the Wisconsin portion of the prep football season. Wild stuff!
Last week I went 5-3 and am 18-10 for the season. On to the picks!
• BELOIT TURNER at BRODHEAD-JUDA: Probably the most fascinating game on the slate. I just have no idea what to expect tonight, beyond a close game. How could anyone predict a Turner game, anyway? They have the ability to put up a ton of points on anyone in the league.
they also have the ability to give up a ton of points to anybody in the league. Well, not anybody. But most teams.
Brodhead is a team that I've been wrong on more times than not in the past couple of years, including last week when they defeated Jefferson.
Could this be the week that Turner starts an epic winning streak to easily slide in the playoffs? Sure. But I just can't trust them at this point. I'll go with the home team.
BRODHEAD 28, TURNER 27
• EAST at HONONEGAH: Boy, the NIC-10 is just the worst, folks. You talk about the haves and the have-definitely-nots-and-probably-never-wills.
Fortunately, the Indians are a have. East? Well, maybe they are one of the few teams in the middle. But that middle is a big step down from the top, and I don't see Hononegah having any trouble with this one.
HONONEGAH 35, EAST 14
• MIDDLETON at BELOIT MEMORIAL: Well, I just don't see a return home being the cure to what ails Beloit Memorial right now. They are at a fragile state emotionally, based on what I've witnessed in the last few weeks.
I would love to predict a win, or even a close game, but I think Middleton will just be too strong this evening.
MIDDLETON 42, BELOIT MEMORIAL 14
• CLINTON at BIG FOOT (SATURDAY): After seeing nothing but Beloit Memorial for the first four weeks of the season, I'll get to see all four of my Rock Valley Conference teams this weekend. Good times!
I'm looking forward to seeing the new facility at Big Foot, and to the game as well. Nothing I've seen from Clinton would tell me they could pull the upset, but hey, that's why they play the games.
BIG FOOT 28, CLINTON 6.
• PARKVIEW/ALBANY at MARKESAN: The Vikings hopefully will break through for a win this season. Tonight won't be it.
MARKESAN 42, PARKVIEW 6