ORFORDVILLE, Wis. - For the first time in nine years, the Parkview girls basketball team is a conference champion. The Vikings clinched the Trailways South Conference with a 43-33 victory over visiting Palmyra-Eagle Thursday night.
The Vikings were led by Lexy Olson and Taylor Burrell, each of whom scored 15 points.
The Vikings led 20-10 at halftime and continued to lead for the remainder of the game.
• BIG FOOT 47, EVANSVILLE 41: The Big Foot girls finished the regular season on a terrific note with a home win against a hot Evansville team.
Reagan Courier scored all 15 of her points in the second half to lead Big Foot to the win. The Chiefs outscored the Blue Devils 28-21 to rally from a 20-19 halftime deficit.
Paige Banks scored 27 to lead all scorers in the game.
• VERONA 54, BELOIT MEMORIAL 41: The Purple Knights fell behind 35-18 at halftime and despite a solid effort in the second half weren't able to overtake the Wildcats.
Bre Davis led the Knights with 13 points.
• CLINTON 65, EDGERTON 33: The Cougars won their fifth straight game Tuesday, defeating Edgerton on the road to keep the Crimson Tide winless in conference play.
Liz Kalk scored 14 and Addy Ciochon added 13 to pace the Cougars, who led 34-15 at halftime.
• BRODHEAD 51, JEFFERSON 27: The Cardinals dominated the visiting Eagles, leading 27-8 at halftime and cruising to the victory.
Kiarra Moe led the Cards with 19 points, while Madisyn Kail added 14 and Lexy Oliver scored 11.
• BOYS BASKETBALL: EDGERTON 73, BIG FOOT 57: Logan Eischeid scored a game-high 28 points, but it wasn't enough to lead the Chiefs to a victory.
Edgerton led by just five points at 34-29 at halftime, but outscored the Chiefs 39-28 in the second half.
Drew Hanson led Edgerton with 20 points.
• MCFARLAND 73, CLINTON 22: Trevon Chislom scored 21 points as McFarland eased past Clinton by 51 points.
The Spartans led 41-15 at halftime. Clinton was led by Riley Anastasi's 10 points.
• PALMYRA-EAGLE 57, PARKVIEW 50: The Panthers averted the Vikings' atttempt to share a spot atop the Trailways South Conference with a dominating second half.
Parkview led 26-15 at halftime, but the Panthers outscored the Vikings 42-24 in the second half to win going away.
Aydon Campbell led the Vikings with 16 points, while Justin Balch had 15 and Eli Hoscheit had 11.
• SOUTH BELOIT 57, OREGON 56: The SoBos closed their home schedule out in style with a one-point win over Oregon Thursday.
South Beloit was led by freshman Austin Woods, who scored 17 points one game after setting his career-high with 18.
Miles Beckham added 17 for the SoBos, who will play at Durand in the first round of the playoffs on Monday.