Electrical fire displaces two Beloit residents

Print Article

BELOIT - A Saturday morning electrical fire displaced two residents from a Jackson Street home, while no injuries were reported, according to Beloit fire command staff.

The fire was reported at around 6:45 a.m. in the 1900 block of Jackson Street and caused around $32,000 in damages, fire staff said. The fire occurred in the attic of the home, making it difficult to locate, and was extinguished, the department added.

The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.

Print Article

Read More News

Semenya arrives for landmark case at Swiss sports tribunal

AP

February 18, 2019 at 5:00 am | LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) Caster Semenya has arrived at international sport's best-known tribunal for a hearing in a landmark case that will challenge science and gender politics. The two-time...

Comments

Read More

Swedish publisher's daughter: Chinese men told me to be mum

AP

February 18, 2019 at 5:00 am | COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) The daughter of a Swedish publisher detained in China says two Chinese businessmen she met in Stockholm said her father could be released if she stopped talking to the medi...

Comments

Read More

Chinese province to ban homework on cellphone apps

AP

February 18, 2019 at 5:00 am | BEIJING (AP) An eastern Chinese province plans to ban teachers from assigning homework to be completed on cellphone apps as part of efforts to preserve students' eyesight. Zhejiang province iss...

Comments

Read More

Australia police say they didn't know Bahraini was refugee

AP

February 18, 2019 at 5:00 am | CANBERRA, Australia (AP) Australian Federal Police did not know a Bahraini soccer player was a refugee who feared persecution in his homeland when the agency alerted Bahrain and Thailand that he wa...

Comments

Read More

Contact Us

(608) 365-8811
149 State Street
Beloit, WI 53511

©2019 Beloit Daily News Terms of Use Privacy Policy
X