Electric fire burns Orfordville barn

Print Article

ORFORDVILLE — A barn fire was reported at 826 S. Tollefson Road in Orfordville at 7 a.m. Sunday.

It started in an electric panel in the barn which led to smoldering straw and hay. Because the farmer was at home at the time, he was able to get the cattle safely out of the barn. The barn was charred but it wasn’t a total loss, according to Rock County Sheriff’s Capt. Jude Mauer.

A MABAS alarm was issued and numerous area fire departments, including the Beloit Fire Department, were called to the scene.

Print Article

Read More

Jacobs joins Beloit board of education

October 16, 2019 at 9:24 am | BELOIT - Former Converse Principal Stephanie Jacobs is the new School District of Beloit Board of Education member. She replaces John Winkelmann, who is resigning effective Oct. 23 as he said he has...

Comments

Read More

Area notebook

October 16, 2019 at 10:19 am | Fastpitch Academy will offer catchers camps By Daily News staff MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. - The Stateline Fastpitch Academy has announced the dates for its 2019 Winter Catchers Camps at the Stateli...

Comments

Read More

Tannehill will replace QB Mariota

October 16, 2019 at 10:19 am | NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Titans are making a change at quarterback in hopes of salvaging their season. Tennessee will start Ryan Tannehill at quarterback instead of Marcus Mariota on Sunday again...

Comments

Read More

NFL says concussions rose 44% in preseason

October 16, 2019 at 10:18 am | Beloit Daily News FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - The NFL says the number of concussions in exhibition games this year rose to 49 from 34 in 2018, an increase of 44% and a setback in efforts to reduce brain trauma. "We ...

Comments

Read More

Contact Us

(608) 365-8811
149 State Street
Beloit, WI 53511

©2019 Beloit Daily News Terms of Use Privacy Policy
X