Flick's Picks got back on track with a perfect 7-0 performance last week. I'm up to 52-7 as we head into the final week of all teams being in action. To be honest, this is kind of a lame week, especially for a week nine in Wisconsin. There's just not much riding on the line in this one.
On to the picks:
• HONONEGAH at JEFFERSON: It's 7-0 against 0-7, a classic name-your-score type of game. The talent gap between these two teams is significant, and so is the mentality with these two squads. Hononegah won't have any problems here as they clinch a share of the NIC-10 title.
HONONEGAH 49, J-HAWKS 7.
• BELOIT MEMORIAL at MADISON MEMORIAL: The only thing I don't like about this is the fact that Madison Memorial still has the opportunity to reach the playoffs. The Purple Knights have the talent and the ability to win this game, but they also have to buy into the idea of doing their best to knock another team out of the playoffs. If they can't match Madison Memorial's effort, they won't win. But I have faith that this BMHS team will take its final opportunity to suit up together appropriately.
BELOIT MEMORIAL 14, MADISON MEMORIAL 13.
• MCFARLAND at BELOIT TURNER: The Trojans could earn a home playoff game with a victory against the Spartans, a team that defeated them in last year's finale. The Trojans shouldn't have much problem.
TURNER 42, MCFARLAND 14
• SOUTH BELOIT at WARREN: Both of these teams have really struggled this season, but I find it difficult to pick the SoBos when they have been beaten so soundly after their week one win.
WARREN 28, SOUTH BELOIT 27
• PARKVIEW at FENNIMORE: The Vikings will have to pull a huge upset to avoid an 0-9 season. I just can't see it happening.
FENNIMORE 35, PARKVIEW 0.
• WHITEWATER at CLINTON: Oh, good Lawd. Hide the women and children for this one. It ain't gonna be pretty.
CLINTON 74, WHITEWATER -2
• EAST TROY at BRODHEAD-JUDA : Tough way to end the season for the Cardinals, as East Troy is looking for another win to get in the playoffs. I think the Cardinals will make it tough on them.
EAST TROY 35, BRODHEAD-JUDA 27
• EVANSVILLE-ALBANY at BIG FOOT: The Chiefs have played well without Jackson Enz, but the Blue Devils will be doing their best to improve their playoff seed.
EVANSVILLE 42, BIG FOOT 20