MACHESNEY PARK - A fire at a home in the 9500 block of Baldwin Drive on Tuesday in Machesney Park caused over $60,000 in damage, according to Harlem Roscoe Fire Protection District command staff.
Firefighters responded around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday and found a fire in the bathroom of the home where a resident was conducting renovations, fire staff said.
No occupants were transported for injuries following the fire, but the home owner was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation. Command staff said the home owner was repairing pipes with a torch, sparking the blaze. The home is now considered unlivable, according to fire staff.