It's September, and after tonight the prep teams in Wisconsin will have just two regular-season games remaining. That's wild stuff. I had a bummer of a week last week, going 5-2. I'm 40-4 for the season.
Let's move on to week seven, with the note that I'm already 1-0 this week after Beloit Memorial took care of business against Parker last night.
• BELOIT TURNER at JEFFERSON: The marquee game on the schedule by a wide margin, and I'm excited to be in attendance for this one. The Trojans figure to match up pretty well with the Eagles, but this is going to be a four-quarter game.
I have faith these guys will make the necessary plays down the stretch to come up with the win.
TURNER 28, JEFFERSON 27
• HONONEGAH at BELVIDERE: I was wary of last week's game at Belvidere North, fearing they were a difficult opponent combined with the timing of the game, which came after the Indians' win over Boylan. While the game was closer than some would have preferred, the Indians knocked off the Blue Thunder without much drama to move to 5-0.
I don't expect much of a challenge from the Bucs this week. The Indians should breeze through this one, setting up next week's showdown against Auburn.
HONONEGAH 34, BELVIDERE 13
• HIAWATHA at SOUTH BELOIT: The struggle for the SoBos figures to continue Friday night when they face a solid Hiawatha team.
HIAWATHA 42, SOUTH BELOIT 12
• MCFARLAND at CLINTON: No Tyler Halsted? No problem. The Cougar train keeps a-rollin', with or without their senior quarterback. There's no question Clinton will need Halsted in the playoffs, but they've got enough firepower to repel the Spartans on Homecoming.
CLINTON 42, MCFARLAND 6
• EDGERTON at BIG FOOT: I am still mourning the loss of one of the area's most dynamic players, Jackson Enz, who will miss the remainder of the season after injuring his knee last week against McFarland. The Chiefs will still beat Edgerton, but their shot at the playoffs is now likely out the window.
BIG FOOT 27, EDGERTON 14
• WHITEWATER at BRODHEAD-JUDA: I'm still not counting out the Cards to make the postseason. A wion tonight would make them 3-4, with two more wins needed to get in. I like the Cards in this one.
BRODHEAD-JUDA 42, WHITEWATER 20.
• PARKVIEW at HORICON-HUSTISFORD: Another tough matchup for the Vikings, who are still seeking their first win of the season. Where for art thou, Palmyra-Eagle?
HORICON 35, PARKVIEW 14