It was another solid week for Flick's Picks, as I went 6-1 on the week and am now 23-2 for the season. There are some decent matchups this week, let's get to it.
• BOYLAN at HONONEGAH: This is my sixth season covering football for the BDN, and somehow this is my first Boylan-Hononegah game. I'm really eager for this one to get going. Should be an insane crowd at Hononegah on homecoming. Perfect weather. Arch rival. Going to be huge. As for the game itself, I really feel like it's going to be a last two-minute type of game. Great opportunity here for the Indians to stay in the thick of the conference race and hand Boylan its second loss of the season.
HONONEGAH 16, BOYLAN 14
• BELOIT TURNER at BIG FOOT: The Chiefs are on a three-game skid. The Trojans are 4-0. The trends don't look good for Big Foot, but I really think this one goes down to the wire as well. I'll stick with the hot hand.
TURNER 35, BIG FOOT 34
• SUN PRAIRIE at BELOIT MEMORIAL: It was such a pleasure to be able to travel to Madison to see the Purple Knights not only win, but dominate and snap the conference losing streak over Madison East. Sun Prairie represents a true Big Eight powerhouse, and while the Knights might one day get there, they aren't there yet.
SUN PRAIRIE 42, BELOIT MEMORIAL 14
• JEFFERSON at CLINTON: For the second straight week, Clinton takes on an undefeated team at the top of the conference. If Turner wins, it'll happen again next week. Here's the thing: This won't be a close game. Jefferson is good, but simply doesn't have the athletes Clinton does.
CLINTON 49, JEFFERSON 20
• MCFARLAND at BRODHEAD-JUDA: The losing stops tonight for the Cardinals, who have endured a brutal schedule to begin the season. Running the table and returning to the playoffs is still an option after tonight.
BRODHEAD-JUDA 35, MCFARLAND 20
• PARKVIEW at MARKESAN: Really tough matchup for the 0-4 Vikings, who have done a good job staying in games this season but haven't been able to close one out yet.
MARKESAN 42, PARKVIEW 6.
• MARQUETTE at SOUTH BELOIT. We just saw this last week. Have no clue why these teams are playing back-to-back, but here we are.
MARQUETTE 50, SOUTH BELOIT 0