September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. I encourage everyone to review the warning signs so that you may help a loved one. You may review the information at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Please reach out to someone who has lost a loved one to suicide. In order to move forward with their healing process they are in need of our help and compassion.
I would like to thank all the Rock County organizations that work so hard to help prevent these terrible tragedies. One tragedy is one too many.
I would also like to give special recognition to the following organizations that do a tremendous job in suicide prevents.
• Rock County Communications Center, 911
• Rock County first responders, law enforcement
• Rock County fire protections and paramedics/EMS
• Rock County hospitals and all mental health professionals
• Rock County crisis intervention services and Rock County Human Services
• Rock County schools, youth groups and media
• Rock County NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
I appreciate your dedication and superb assistance in helping save lives.
Tony Farrell, Sr.
Suicide Prevention Network
and Safety Series, Rock County