Fire at Beloit Inn

Print Article

A blown over ash tray with a left over cigarette is believed to have caused a fire that started outside the Merrill & Houston Steak Joint.

Beloit Fire Department Deputy Chief Bruce Hedrington said they received the call at about 12:39 p.m. on Wednesday.

No injuries were reported.

For more information read Thursday's Beloit Daily News.

Print Article

Read More

Trojan workhorse set for playoffs

October 17, 2017 at 4:00 pm | Beloit Daily News BELOIT- Kyle Hanaman laid on the Beloit Turner practice field in a state of disbelief. "No way," he thought to himself. "No way this is happening to me again." An overzealous member of the scout t...

Comments

Read More

Pushback on plans to cut BFD

October 17, 2017 at 4:00 pm | BELOIT - With a budget vote expected early next month, former Beloit Fire Department staff and current fire union representatives spoke out Monday against anticipated staffing cuts. Budgetary const...

Comments

Read More

Rep. Pocan: Tax bill 'the biggest lie'

October 17, 2017 at 4:00 pm | BELOIT - Healthcare and tax reform issues were front and center during a town hall meeting with U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Madison, on Monday at the Merrill Community Center. He refers to the White Ho...

Comments

Read More

Seeing with fresh eyes

October 17, 2017 at 4:00 pm | SHARON - Painter Martha Hayden creates a world within each of her paintings. Every brushstroke and angle leads viewers on a journey. After traveling through it, they've seen and thought about life in...

Comments

Read More

Contact Us

(608) 365-8811
149 State Street
Beloit, WI 53511

©2017 Beloit Daily News Terms of Use Privacy Policy
X